Blue4Ever

martedì 6 luglio 2010

Lee: "Blue will come back soon!"

Former Blue singer Lee Ryan has just released his first solo single in the UK since 2005 and after taking a lengthy break from showbiz spotlight, MTV UK sat down with Mr. Ryan to find out all about his new offering and whether there is any truth to those Blue reunion rumours.

Since his latest attack on the charts, Lee has enjoyed a stint living in Hollywood, starred in film The Heavy alongside legendary actorGary Stretch and has become a father to daughter Bluebell and son Rayn.

Speaking exclusively to MTV, Ryan told us the reason behind releasing the Ben’s Brotherpenned track I Am Who I Am as a double a-side with alternative dance song Secret Love.

Lee explained: "I decided to release the two tracks together because it shows diversity of the album because one is a dance track, a lot of people are saying it’s a dance album so we kind of scrapped it and said lets go to a double a-side and come up with a ballad."

He continued: "I think it was a great idea. I think people are intrigued to see what’s in the middle of the album to see the big up tempo tracks like Secret Love compared with the slow down tempo of I Am Who I Am and people want to see what else is on the album, it’s created a lot of interest."

Whilst on the subject of his new LP Confessions, Lee claimed that the follow-up record to his self-entitled top 10 album of five years ago was 'very honest.'

The When I Think Of You hit maker told us: "The album is very honest. There is stuff on the album that shows diversity and there are other songs on there that are very much in your face about what they’re trying to tell you. It’s a good balance. You can’t do a whole album of either one of them.”

During our chat, Lee also had a message for all you Blue fans out there, claiming that despite their solo ventures, the group will be returning in the near future and have already started working with a certain US R n B superstar.

Lee revealed to us: "We are coming back, we’re going to do another album. I can’t wait! We’ve already got some material in the bag, which we have been working on with Ne-Yo."

"I’ve worked with Ne-Yo for about five years and we’ve got some really good tracks. We will be recording more this year."

He added: "I don’t know when we’re going to be releasing right now but we’re gonna be coming back, there’s going to be a tour. You’re gonna be seeing Blue back very soon.”

Lee's new single I Am Who I Am/Secret Love is out now.

By Joanne Dorken

0 commenti:

Posta un commento